SFG ONE DAY KETTLEBELL COURSE
Saturday Februuary 2 2014
9:30am - 5:30pm
Location: Athletes Choice, 23252 Arroyo Vista, RSM 92688
The one-day SFG Kettlebell Course is more than entry-level user instruction for the AK-47 of exercise equipment—the kettlebell. It is education in moving strong.
No previous kettlebell experience is required. No matter what your goals are, we strongly urge you to take this Course. On one end of the spectrum, subtleties taught in this Course have been instrumental in helping Donnie Thompson make a breakthrough in strength while making back problems a thing of the past—and eventually breaking the 3,000 pound world superheavyweight powerlifting total record. On the other end is Tracy Reifkind, who lost over 100 pounds in less than a year.
- Kettlebell training safety procedures.
- Essential joint mobility exercises.
- Sophisticated breathing techniques for strength, back safety, endurance, and reducing the stress level.
- “Hip-centric” (McGill) movement, a must for strength and back health.
- Strength Stretching™ principles and key exercises which enable greater expression of strength while dramatically reducing the back, hip, and knee stress.
- “Lat-centric” shoulder mechanics which protect the shoulder while significantly increasing strength.
- The most “functional” exercise—the deadlift.
- A powerful drill for strengthening the feet and the ankles and injury proofing the hamstrings—the one-leg deadlift.
- The single most beneficial exercise anyone can do—the swing.
- The get-up—your strongman mentor.
- The most foolproof squat—the goblet squat.
- A foundation for barbell skills (this course is a prerequisite for our barbell course).
- What GPP really is and how to program it. Misunderstanding of general physical preparation, prevalent in the West, even among coaches, prevents one from reaching his or her athletic potential and predisposes him or her to injuries.
- The principles of effective program design refined and condensed from the Russian methodology.
- A number of foolproof program design tools and sample programs for a variety of training goals.
I have been working out with Kb's for a while now and wanted to take Paul's class to make sure I was doing the moves correctly. I found that I wasn't. He was able to break down the Turkish get up in a way I have not seen. Now I am doing them much better. Trying to perfect them each time. I didn't think I was capable of a goblet squat and was sure he wouldn't be able to help me do them. I am so excited! I am working on this move and have never been able to put my knees through a full range of motion "pain free". Can't wait for his next workshop!
Dawn - Mission Viejo
In January 2010, my company embarked on a huge mission: to change the culture of the organization regarding food and nutrition. Long story short, I signed up for our �Biggest Loser� competition, lasting 14 weeks. It was easy to lose the first 5 pounds by cutting out dessert and eating a little better. Then I started walking a few days a week and eventually was �running stairs� when I could. As a single mom with two school-aged kids, finding time to exercise was impossible. Around week 7 or 8, I started to plateau and was only losing a few ounces a week. This was the same time that I met Paul. He offered to train me on Kettlebells while my daughter was taking gymnastics lessons. PERFECT. The changes it made to my body were immediate and noticeable. I gained strength, toned my arms, flattened my stomach, and after 14 weeks, won 2nd place in the competition. It�s now 3 months later�I�m still taking Kettlebell and kickboxing with Paul, I�ve run three 5K races in 30 minutes, and started training for a half marathon. With Paul�s help over the next 5 months, I know I�ll cross the finish line at the half marathon. Kettlebells take up no space in your house and you can do them in front of your TV, getting a full cardio and muscle-building workout in 40 minutes. Thanks Paul for all your help. I�m 44 and have a new outlook on fitness and my health, for life.
A great introductory course for someone who wants to gain a general knowledge of kettlebells. On tough workout! Excellent instruction, obviously well knowledged.
- - -David M
“ I found this workshop to be more practical and useful both in scope of exercise and feasibility. I left feeling like I could go home and continue. Paul gave me practical tips and tricks to remember proper technique and form. Paul is incredibly knowledgeable as well as a keen instructor. He figured out how I needed to be taught quickly and didn’t hold back, I need that! The workshop was great. I enjoyed my time with Paul and all that I learned.” Kara Root
The lessons of this workshop better assists me in my sport of body-building, and helps tie in all the muscle groups. Excellent information. One of a kind - - - - James Tait (former AAU Master Mr. America)
Paul Daniels is and excellent instructor. He is very focused & serious about kettlebell training. I gained a much better understanding of how to utilize the kettlebell properly, and got pretty smoked in the process. Paul seems to have a vast amount of knowledge tat pertains to fitness and kettlebell training. ---Edmundo Rangel Jr. (Personal Trainer, LWM Consultant, Clinical exercise specialist, Cross Fit level 1)
This training was much more useful in gaining a whole new aspect of training. It was well conducted and added to my knowledge of fitness. - - - -Monica Moore
It was awesome. He knows his stuff and can back it up with stellar demonstrations. Definitely someone to learn from. - - - -Jackie Cooper
The exercises were taught w/knowledge and good form. There was time for practice of each new thing we did. I would love to take another class to continue my knowledge. He was very good! He corrected the form when needed and showed us till we understood it. This was a great class. Thanks! - - -Rebecca